Sunday, 9 June 2013

Crafty Creatives - Box 11

The theme for the Crafty Creatives box 11 was Glamour and while I got straight into the kit while watching Eurovision I had a bit of thinking to do with some of the other bits and pieces.
Miss Chaela Boo: Crafty Creatives Box 11
The Glamour box was accompanied by the very pretty lady on the art card by Lianne Williams. Here's a quick run down of the box contents.
  • The Kit - beaded hair clasp
  • Beaded fluffy trim
  • 10 Swarovski crystal beads
  • Photo glue
  • 8 stardust beads
  • Lace stamp
  • Ink pad
  • Metallic star dust
  • Fat quarter of black velvet
  • Red rose pendant
  • 2 Rhinestone teardrops
  • Earring findings
Miss Chaela Boo: Crafty Creatives Box 11
I absolutely love the rose pendant and had plans for making it into a ring or a hair slide but in the end it became a brooch (see below). The stardust beads are like tiny glitter balls and the lace stamp has a beautiful intricate pattern.
Miss Chaela Boo: Crafty Creatives Box 11
The kit came with everything necessary for a beaded hair clasp, while the finished article isn't really my style I really enjoyed making it and learning how to do the beading, something I will definitely try again.
Miss Chaela Boo: Crafty Creatives Box 11 - beaded hair clasp
I was determined to do something with the beaded trim since I knew if it went into my stash I might never get around to actually using it. I went about the house looking for things to stick it to but it wasn't quite long enough to decorate the lamp in my living room and it was a bit too frilly for the front of a notebook. I eventually decided to stitch it to a slash neck t-shirt, I wasn't keen on this idea at first since I'm not sure how washable the trim is and wasn't sure if I would even wear the finished t-shirt. However, I'm really happy with the results and despite my reservations I ended up wearing the t-shirt for the rest of the evening.
Miss Chaela Boo: Crafty Creatives Box 11 - beaded trim t-shirt
Once I'd finished with the t-shirt, I had a short piece of trim left over and here comes the rose pendant. I cut a small circle of felt and stitched the trim onto it in a spiral then glued the rose onto the front. A brooch clasp on the back finished things off.
Miss Chaela Boo: Crafty Creatives Box 11 - Beaded rose brooch
I had lots of fun with the lace stamp and again took to scouting the house for things to stamp. I stamped on these blue gift tags as well as tissue paper, cotton fabric and a couple silk scarves. The ink was lovely and I was glad to discover it was oil based so that I can print on fabric and it should be washable. Of course that means it takes forever to dry and the carpet will never will never be the same again after a dropped the ink pad on the floor! Ooops!
Miss Chaela Boo: Crafty Creatives Box 11 - Lace stamped tags
Of course, I still have plenty of work to do with the beads and the fabric so if you have any ideas let me know and if you've blogged your makes from the box, leave me your links so I can come and have a look. 

It's been a while, but this week I'll be linking up with Handmade Monday so do pop over and discover some great new blogs.

9 comments:

  1. Love the t-shirt trim, great idea! I haven't had time to make anything from the box yet :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, I just need to find a glamourous event to attend now! x

      Delete
  2. I love the rose brooch - the colouring really stands out. And the detail on the hairclip is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really love the rose pendant too. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow I love all the things you've created. But my favourite has to be the rose pendant.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had lots of fun with this box :)

      Delete
  4. The t-shirt trim idea is great it makes the t-shirt look really posh! I love the rose brooch - very touchy feely. There are some great makes here. It is a shame about your carpet :)

    ReplyDelete