Saturday, 9 November 2013

UK Vegan Food Swap - Choctober

I had lots of fun with the UK Vegan Food Swap for October and got a little carried away with the idea of putting together a chocolate themed box after my recipient Sasha requested chocolate. Sasha is the the other half of Mitsu (and Sasha) of To Happy Vegans who organise the swap every month. 

Miss Chaela Boo - UK vegan food swap
The box I prepared for Sasha contained:
  • Nairns dark chocolate chip out biscuits
  • amisa ginger cookies with chocolate chips
  • Booja Booja hazelnut truffles
  • Ombar strawberries and cream
  • Happy Kitchen raspberry chocolate brownie
  • Provamel chocolate soya milk
  • Oreos
I only recently discovered Ombar which is produced only a couple of mile down the road from where I live. The coconut milk used to make the chocolate give it a lovely creaminess. My favourite is the Coco Mylk.
Miss Chaela Boo - UK vegan food swap
The box I received in return came all the way from Sammy in North Wales. I was very happy to see the same Booja Booja Hazelnut truffles that I had sent to Sasha. I must have scoffed them before taking the photo as I'm certain they were in the box. I'd say these are my favourite but in truth I haven't yet tried any of the other flavours.

I also received:
  • Biofair Chia Quinoa sticks 
  • crunchy fried broad beans
  • Artisan nut roast
  • Savoury 9bar
  • nakd - Banana Crunch
  • Frank blueberry and chocolate bar
Receiving a box of scrummy snacks in the post every month is fantastic, think super-sized Graze box, but the best part is discovering and trying new things.

What swaps have you joined in recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment