Kirstie's Christmas Crafts is a must have if you love to go all out for the festive season. It's stuffed with ideas for handmade gifts, decorating your home and even what to eat on the big day.
The book is broken down into the following handy sections:
- Deck the Halls - covers the tree and decorations for a festive home. The needle felted robin is adorable, I especially like the use real feathers as he looks really smart with such a flamboyant tail. When I eventually get around to making this little guy, I'll probably go for adding a ribbon as he looks a little like he's been impaled on a stick.
- Seasons Greetings - includes ideas for cards and tags as well as tips for wrapping; the tutorial for wrapping circular presents will come in very handy.
- The Christmas Table - lovely ideas for table settings and a handy checklist of everything you need for the table (I do love lists!). I also love the idea of the dining chair decorations made from bunches of fresh herbs. Mmm fragrant!
- Perfect Presents - lovely ideas for handmade Christmas gifts including bath creamers and a very smart upcycled coat for a dogalog.
- Edible Gifts - Limoncello!! Say no more.
- Food and Drink - I wasn't expecting to find a food and drink section in a craft book and while the recipes do look scrummy they are entirely non-vegan apart from one of the cocktails.
- Children's Christmas Crafts - crafty fun stuff for the everyone. The glitter baubles are amazing!
Overall there is a good mix of simple and straightforward craft ideas, like the classic golden pasta Christmas card, as well as more advanced techniques for experienced crafters such as making your own marbled wrapping papers. The book is a great guide to Christmas crafting and especially useful if you are hosting Christmas for the first time. It's also a the kind of book that any craft lover would like to receive at Christmas; perfect for settling down with after a massive Christmas dinner.
I have a copy of Kirstie's book to give away to one lucky lucky reader. Use the handy widget below to submit your entries!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
***This is not a sponsored post. All images in this post are taken from the book Kirstie's Christmas Crafts***